How We Give
Through cash grants and product donations, VR Echo supports non-profit organizations that focus on building a bright future for local kids or protecting the iconic landscapes that surround our resorts. Through an annual grant application process, we grant $6.5M to more than 224 non-profit groups each year. Do you qualify to be a Vail Resorts Echo non-profit partner?
The Grant Process
The VR Echo grant program is the main way Vail Resorts partners with non-profits in our resort communities who fall into our focus areas of youth and the environment. With each cash gift or product donation, VR Echo strives to make the largest impact possible. We rely on local Giving Councils in each of our communities to help lead the grant program. Representing every division of the Company, the Giving Councils help VR Echo identify key local organizations that are implementing successful programs, award grants and build non-profit partnerships.
Cash grants and product donations are awarded once a year. Non-profits who run programs within our focus and geographical areas may apply. Organizations are considered to receive a cash grant and/or product donations once each year.
Vail Resorts only supports local non-profits that are based in our communities:
- Vail/Beaver Creek: Eagle County, Colorado
- Breckenridge/Keystone: Summit County/Park County, Colorado
- Heavenly and Kirkwood: South Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Minden, Meyers, Jackson and Gardnerville
- Northstar: Truckee, Tahoe City, and King’s Beach
- Canyons: Summit and Wasatch Counties
- Jackson, WY: Jackson, Moose, Yellowstone
- VR Echo focuses our grants and donations on youth programs and environmental initiatives that impact the local communities listed.
- We support local non-profits with cash grants to bolster programs and/or in-kind for programs and fundraising events. Please consider all of your organization's needs for the year (both cash and in-kind) and group them into your organization's one request.
- VR Echo requires a mid-year progress update and end of year report for all cash grants and for all in-kind donations valued more than $1,000.
We do not:
- Provide support for capital projects
- Support individual fundraising efforts like Relay for Life or individual classrooms
- Support religious organizations whose focus is religious education or that teaches religion in any way
- Support organizations - neither with cash or in-kind donations - that fall outside our focus or the local community
3KSummit County kids get access to oral healthcare
Current & Upcoming Grant Cycles
Vail Resorts uses an online application program. All organizations will be asked to set up a user account with a login and password.